CARDB Services - Release Notes
This page describes the available versions, services and endpoints for accessing CARDB data.
The development team makes every effort to maintain compatibility across different versions of the API.
However, in order to continue to provide a modern service, as well as for operational reasons, we occasionally make changes that may interact with existing features.
At such times it may be necessary, especially for more advanced applications, to make adjustments to code using the API so that your code continues to work as expected.
In case you want to be informed of future changes, please register here
Besides some additional fields, this version offers better supports for the new publication process and introduces a new integration service.
This new service can be used for system integration and has restricted usage.
List of changes
- Added AvailabilityForExteriorColours and AvailabilityForUpholsteries fields to options, accessories and packs for a car
- Added AccentColourCombinations field to packs for a car
- Added the names of the exterior colour and the upholstery to colour combinations inside a pack
- Added Options field to a suffix (PSLS)
- Added the country and language fields to the marketing specification (PSLS)
- Added the product and promotion tokens to the marketing specification (PSLS)
- Added a new marketing specification lookup service. (MSLS)
- Added a new service for retrieving all technical specifications for a configuration, taking WLTP regulations into account. (WLTP)
- Added a new token-based integration service. (restricted usage)
- Added a new token-based method to retrieve the production specification directly (=without the toyota code)(PSLS)
- Added a new service method to retrieve the list of supported countries and languages (cardb-service)
- The visibility parameter has been removed from all operations. Filtering can now be optionally done by the client on the returned objects
- The model parameter is now required for retrieving the list of equipment or technical specification categories.
Due to the nature of the publishing process, it's perfectly possible nowadays that the category structure differs per model/publication.
- The content of a pack for a given car is no longer returned as a single list of generic items.
The content of a pack has now been split in a list of options, accessories, exterior colour types and upholstery types.
- The sequence of the operation parameters has changed to a more logical sequence.
Instead of starting with country and language followed by brand, the operations now start with the brand followed by the country and language (cardb-service).
- PSLS will return the accessory part numbers of all options that are not explicitly marked as a post production option in CARDB.
- The exterior colour property of the colour combination object, now uses British spelling instead of American spelling.
The main focus of this version was to separate the normal methods from the methods that make up PSLS (Product Specification Lookup Service), in order to have more granular version control for upcomming changes.
On top, the method to return all grade equipment has been split up into two separate methods. One for retrieving the grade options and one for retrieving the grade accessories.
List of changes
- An operation to retrieve all accessories for a grade has been added
- An operation to retrieve all options for a grade has been added
- PSLS related methods have moved to a separate endpoint
- The operation to retrieve all grade equipment is no longer available
- The availability of grade packs is now expressed as a string value
This is a port of the original implementation of the CARDB service, but now running in the Cloud for increased performance and scalability.
There are some subtle changes to the cloud-based implementation, but these are trivial and only affect client applications using SOAP/XML.
List of changes
- Added ShortID (int) field to options, accessories, packs and cars
- Added Visibility field to car
- Output of cache control headers (maxAge + Expires)
- Ouptut of ETAG headers
- Namespace changes of all wsdl data contracts
(from http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/TME.CarConfigurator.Service.Models to http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/TME.CARDB.Publication.Client.Service.Models)